Saturday 22 December 2012

Must run

I keep myself centered with my physical outlets. Sure they have physical benefits as well.

With two weeks of Christmas vacation how am I going to keep active enough?

It isn't two weeks away from home non-stop. We will be back and forth to Victoria, and to Vancouver. We have lots of little trips to visit family and friends. We need to pop back once in a while to check on all our house construction. Our team plans on working on all the non-stat days, and who are we to complain?

The bikes aren't going with us anywhere, and both Karate and Jiu-Jitsu are down until the second week of January.

That doesn't leave me a whole lot of choice.

This is dangerous. Due to my usual level of activity I'm programmed to eat a lot. I bet over Christmas consumption will only increase.

Gotta do something.

The only thing left is running.

I'm quite used to this in Victoria, and know some routes in Vancouver, and lots around home. I always wake up long before anybody else. I guess that will be my daily run time. It's easy in summer, but this time of year the sun is still sound asleep. When home I can run later.

When in Van or Vic I can run through well-lit urban areas. I'm not scared of traffic, or night monsters. I just like to be able to clearly see the road ahead.

I've kind of drifted away from running lately. It will be fun to get back into it.

It just might help me stay centered, and to burn those Christmas calories.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment