Saturday 1 December 2012

Black Christmas

I'm pretty lucky with my holiday shopping list. I have very few people to shop for.

This is good because I'm not a particularly gifted shopper. If I had to get a gift for somebody named Sally, and there was a store called, "Things Sally Wants," I would pick out the one item there that Sally doesn't want.

This year I thought I had a good idea, and I went after it. The order arrived today, and they let me know on my cell. We arranged the delivery time for when I would be home a couple of hours later. It all seemed perfect.

It arrived before I was there, and it all turned into a huge problem. Lovely.

Now the gift is tainted, and the recipient is angry with me. I understand as it was my responsibility.

A lovely backfire.

Usually I stick to buying exactly what I'm told, at exactly the correct store, in exactly the right colour. I guess this is wise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment