Sunday 27 March 2011

Running Sucks

I have set myself a goal of running 5km every non-workday this year. If a day gets missed it gets made up later. I run pretty much in every weather. Lots of people run, and rave about how much they enjoy it. My wife often wishes me a jaunty, "have fun" as I head out the door.

Running is not normally a joyous activity for me. It is exercise. It is discipline. It is rewarding. It is not fun....usually.

Beautiful skies sometimes. Sometimes knockout ocean or mountain views. Sometimes I see deer, or elk, or coyotes, or even bears. Sometimes listen to beautiful music, or interesting aubiobooks. Once in a while I reach a state of no-mind. I like that.

Fun? Not as much fun as my TV, or tech, or xbox, or wii, or even my comfy chair.

But I run,
as I have run,
for two decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment