Wednesday 23 March 2011

My Second Club II

Got a great bunch of folks again. Betsy, Suzanne, Sara, Ian, Jess, and many more. Coffee became apart of training.

Many visits to Van, and seminars, and tournaments. I actually entered the Provincial Championships and was finished real fast. Ian entered, too, and was a tad nervous. He didn't speak the entire trip over until he was done.

Enjoyed it all, but by 1999 the club and I were both out of steam. All the old timers had hung up their belts. There was only myself and one young Brown Belt student left. When he stopped training early in 2000, so did I.

The club was done.

For a while I trained with the nice club in Roberts Creek who did Shitu Ryu style, but gave up on that, too.

In about 2006, Ogawa Sensei opened a club in Sechelt. An excellent instructor, but his club lasted only about a year. I stopped again.

Helen's brother and his family started to get into Karate in Victoria in a big way a bit later. I found them inspiring.

Very inspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment