Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fragile women

I'm upset to discover that our association has adopted special rules for sparring.  Safety first, I suppose.  Is it new safety rules for all?  Nope.

Special rules now exist when males spar with females.  Certain moves forbidden to protect the ladies, but only when they are facing men.  The women I used to train with would be pissed.  That's like saying women can't handle real training.  Not talking about tournament fighting which already has separate divisions, just in-class training.

Over the years I've seen lots of people smacked, and been smacked, and smacked a few myself.  I've sparred with champions, and nobody ran up to say....special rules when champions spar with Stromkins...he can't handle it.  If they had, I'd have been both horrified and shamed.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment