Wednesday 13 November 2013

Transition

Just completed a bit over a week visiting friends up in the interior.

It was great in every way; good food, good laughs, great companionship. I also got a bit of time to heal up.

I don't really get hurt much, even at age 57, but things to take longer to mend.

The trip home takes about six or seven hours. This acts as a kind of transition between our vacation and our normal lives. It was also a training day for me. When I got up I was still within our vacation, and by the end of the day I was home and back on the mat.

There was also another transition.

Currently I haul around a bucket full of devices, and when I'm not on wifi am internet-less. I've been waiting for the iPad Mini 2 to become available to change all of this. It will replace all of my machines, and get me onto wireless internet.

Apple, in all its wisdom, hasn't let the world know when the device would be available. This year's big iPad was announced on October 22. They let it be known the order date would be November 1st. All they released about the little pad was that it would be coming, “later in November.” The rumor mill was soon predicting availability around Black Friday. This falls one day short of December this year.

That would suck. There are also supposed to be big shortages. It was starting to look doubtful if I would get one at all before we were off to LA in January.

Without warning, the iPad Mini 2 showed up yesterday on the Apple Store website as available to order. I couldn't believe it.

Went through the order process as quickly and carefully as I could. It was about 7am pacific time, which meant that it had been up there for 7 hours already. Would there be any left? It was still early in the day for the west coast, but much later for most of North America.

I got one of the first lot to ship.

The expected arrival date for me is early December at the latest. Wahoo.

Yesterday I transitioned from vacation to home, resting guy back to grappler, and data-less tech packrat into an iPad Mini-man.


No comments:

Post a Comment