Sunday 3 November 2013

Heal

Not doing a lick of martial arts today, for it is Sunday. I don't normally train on Sunday.

However, this week I did nothing on either Friday or Saturday either.

"OMG," you say with a worried voice. "Are you sick, or have you quit?"

Neither. I'm on vacation. We installed our house sitters, packed the car, and headed off to see our best friends inVernon. We'll be here for ten days in total.

Therfore; I've missed two classs, and will be away for ten more.

This will give my little boo-boos a chance to heal. I have a banged-up toe that keeps getting re-smacked. Won't this week.

One of my thumbs has an injured tendon. It could use some time off, too. You'd be surprised how often a thumb gets grabbed when you're wrasslin'.

This all sounds pretty whimpy, I'm sure.

It is. Normally, I just plow through such petty injuries. The reason I am being so careful with these ones is that I'm off for two months starting early in the new year to train in Los Angeles.

I don't want to miss a moment of training while there and so wish to start at 100% condition. There will be zero healing time while there. It will be six days a week; 14 classes per week.


No comments:

Post a Comment