Saturday 30 November 2013

Mix

It looks like testing season is rolling around.

Madeline completed her Blue Belt Stripe One exam back on October 24th. It just needs to be submitted, and has been awaiting the return of our instructor from a five-week vacation in Mexico.

Likewise, my Blue Belt Stripe One exam has been on hold. I have two tiny sparring sections to complete. I expect this to be done within a week, and then my test will also be ready to submit.

We also have a number for White Belts rapidly approaching their Blue Belt exams. One has already started. She should be done before Christmas.

There are three or four more who will be starting soon after. This will likely happen early in the new year.

I will be away in Los Angeles while this crop undergoes the process. When I get back I can expect to see a greatly expanded Blue Belt cadre. There could be a dozen of us on the mat.

The only downside of all this testing is that we might still all be the of the same level of Blue Belt.

Madeline and I have tests that are about to be submitted for the next level. I am 100% certain that Madeline has passed with flying colours, but she is moving away. My own progress isn't as clear.

If I fail, then we'll all be of the exact same level. If I pass, then one of us will have a single stripe.

Two of the Blue Belt guys could test for their stripes in the new year. Somehow they just don't seem motivated. There is a third guy who has also gone through all of the training, but he's taken the last year or so off and has rust to polish off. Ryan will be the next guy ready to start, but not until the summertime.

When will we get a Blue Belt with two stripes? Now we're talking about the distant future.


No comments:

Post a Comment