Tuesday 17 July 2012

Judo Day Two

Made it through Judo Day Two.

About the same number of people were there, but only half of them were the same. This implies a darn large club. Five of the members were away at the National Championsips last weak and some were present.

One got a Bronze medal in the 100 kilo class.

There was less warmup and more training. I like that better. Got paired several times with Black Belts who were all gracious about getting stuck with me and gave me mountains of help.

At rolling time I was with White Belts and Black and a couple in between.

For a while it was standup time. I really am a total newby at that, so a very nice Brown Belt adopted me and danced me gently.

The toll? My neck is stiff today, and my face has a few of what I'll call shadow bruises. The most noticeable thing to me are the mat burns on both elbows. It's amazing how buggy minor scrapping is then you almost constantly rub on things.

We leave Victoria tomorrow, so I won't get back onto the Judo Club's matt again until August. I might make a couple of classes that month and then it's done for me.

My impressions are most favourable so far. All nice. All helpful. Very high skill level. An art I wish I'd joined when I first stumbled upon the club back in the 1960s.

My hat is off to the Victoria Judo Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment