Saturday 14 July 2012

I enjoyed my one, killer Judo class so far, but why.

There were bad parts. The warmup alone might have done this old fellah in all by itself but didn't. I credit my general fitness for that.

I could have been rendered into a zombie walker the next day, but wasn't.

Parts of the class were painful, but that's not a biggie.

The next day my left arm felt it had been bent backwards a tad too far, but it's fine now. My face had a couple of crease marks, but they've fluffed up again.

I enjoyed being part of a club that's been in continuous existance since 1957. I enjoyed getting tips and mini lessons from a wide range of experts. I enjoyed making it through. I enjoyed the welcome. I enjoyed seeing how complete an art Judo is.

Although he wasn't training that night, the 9th Dan head of the group was there for a while watching. People walking around with real ranks that high are incredibly rare. I've been in martial arts for over 30 years, and he's only the second I've seen.

It looks like we have nothing booked Monday with the family. If this holds I'll be doing the Judo again.

See if I can make it through twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment