Wednesday 11 July 2012

Judo Day One

So it was my first Judo class.

It was in an old, school building and had the appropriate old school smell.

There were about 20 to 30 people, about half wearing Black Belts. I introduced myself to one of the leaders.

The line up was very similar to Karate. I took the spot on the junior side of the only two White Belts.

The warm up. What can I say? It went on for a tad over half an hour and is by far the hardest I've ever been through.

Then the actual training. A bit of game-like stuff practising rollovers. After that it was rolling around trying to dominate each other and get submissions from arm bars or chokes. Very tiring, but at least I know how to conserve energy. The other two White Belts looked ready to puke.

I got lucky st the next part. We were supposed to take turns doing the first half of throws. (no boom splatt) My partner was a Black Belt and he gave me a private lesson on two basic throws.

Then it was over.

A little friendly chit chat in the changing area. I bought one of their very cool club tshirts.

I'll go back when I can.

Helen is convinced I'll be pretty hobbled by tomorrow morning.

I won't be surprised if she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment