Saturday 22 February 2014

Info week eight

Today I completed 90 classes at the Gracie Academy. There is one more week of training left to go.

It is a very welcoming place, which is surprising considering that it is a martial arts school.

Instructors and staff all learned my name as soon as I arrived, and somehow they manage to do this for all the hundreds of students. It's a nice touch.

The facility is always spotlessly clean. Many people confuse tough and dirty. The Gracies do not.

Instruction has all been excellent. My only problem with the curriculum is that is that there has just been too much material for my brain to absorb.

They have to present technique appropriate to a great many levels. This means we work on stuff vastly beyond my current capabilities. It is always interesting, and often gets me moving in unfamiliar directions.

I haven't enjoyed the wear and tear on my body, but it was hardly a surprise. A person can't do multiple Jiu-Jitsu classes every day and expect to not feel it. At various times I've had to baby my knees, elbows, back, neck, and right shoulder. Right now it's my neck and shoulder, but not too bad and there is only one week left.

Gonna miss this place.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment