Monday 18 March 2013

Vicky


Today we were on the ferry, twice. Rode the boat to Vancouver, and then the bigger boat over to the island. That includes a couple of driving hours as well, plus wait time at the terminals.

We were in Victoria proper by the afternoon.

We are house and dog sitting for family that are on the beach in Mexico.

I imagine we'll see my sister several times, and see mom daily.

I also just like being in Victoria. It is my home town.

It is lovely but can be hard for outsiders. It's one of those places that grew up organically, with no hint of anything like a planning department. The streets rarely meet at right angles, and there is no pattern at all to street names.

For me, it's an easy place to navigate. There are thousands of nooks, crannies and corners chock full of quaint.

Living in Sechelt for over twenty years, and ten years on the prairies before that has made me over into a small town boy, but there's still a city lad in me  deep down. It's fun to wander the downtown streets and shops. The big malls have their attractions, too.

It will be a pleasant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment