Saturday 23 March 2013

Is it one or two

Just had a lovely week in Victoria. The downside is that it cost me a week of training. Everybody else did the lesson on triangle defense for three classes, but I didn't. This week we move on to straight armlock defense.

Normally I'd make up the shortage with a private lesson the following Saturday, but I'm away for that day, too.

I'm down a technique, and this week the instructor is off in Mexico. I don't know who's going to lead the group through straight armlock, and it just might turn into a week of review.

That would put me two techniques behind, and I'm on a bit of a deadline.

There's nothing I can do about this week's situation. Either somebody who knows the technique teaches it, or they don't. If nobody does, the cycle for the school will get pushed back a week.

I can do something about the one I missed this last week.

There are excellent videos viewable online. This is one of the perks of training at a certified training center. We are also free members of Gracie University online.

I might just have to teach myself triangle defense.

It isn't impossible, but it is very difficult.

Lucky I'm motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment