Wednesday 27 March 2013

Already there

I recommend retirement to everybody.

Not that I've actually left yet. My last day is tomorrow.
 
My heart has already gone. My classes have all been warned, and I've been wrapping up for a while. Today there was a big school-sized goodbye. Tomorrow I go and just do the last finishing touches.
 
I've been planning and such for a very long time.
 
This week I'm adding two hours to my martial arts schedule with the start of a Jiu-Jitsu club at the school I'm retiring from. I very much like the kids there, and the staff. It's a great way to keep in touch.
 
I find myself quite willing to take on maintenance, repair and housekeeping tasks at home. This, even before I have actually increased my free time.
 
I ran last weekend for the first time in months. That will hopefully become a daily event. My bike needs a bit of shop time, and I hope that becomes regular as well.
 
Biking, running, martial arts, cleaning, and fixing.
 
How the hell did I ever fit in a job.
 
I don't get to be my retired self for a while yet. Work ends tomorrow, but then we have folks to visit in Vancouver, followed by a visit by some old friends from our decade living up north.
 
Won't get my first normal retired-guy day for about a week.
 
No need to rush these things.
 
Not anymore.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment