Saturday 9 March 2013

Plus what?


I do Karate and Jiu-Jitsu and love both, but is there anything else I would add?

Around here there isn't. The selection of local arts is limited, as is the selection of instructors. I'm picky about both.

Let's look at two excellent instructors that live near me that have thriving clubs. One teaches a different style of Karate from my own. I certainly recommend him to others, but I don't need a different Karate variant. The other teaches Hapkido, which is a little like Karate and Jiu-Jitsu mixed. I don't really need that either.

Therefore, there is nothing I am able to add to my martial arts training in my area.

If I could magically have whatever I want, that would be a different story altogether.

I like Iado (Japanese sword), but I wouldn't start studying it. There isn't a lot of time left in my week to squeeze in additional training. I would therefore have to be picky even amongst things I would enjoy.

I'd have to say that the only thing I would add would be Judo.

Judo is very similar to Jiu-Jitsu, except with different skills emphasized. Their throws are the best around, and I need a lot of work in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment