Friday 22 March 2013

Springbreak Ends

Our week in Victoria is ending. We had a house to sit, and also a dog. There was a lot of visiting, and eating out, and just enough shopping.

Nothing that can be considered a workout.

At home, there would have been two White Belt classes, one reflex class, four open mat sessions, one private lesson, and three Blue Belt classes.

This coming week will also be different than normal. There will be nothing for me from Friday on due to the Easter weekend. The first part of the week will be on a normal schedule with a bit of an addition.

A Jiu-Jitsu club is starting up at the local hight school with me as the instructor. Depending on how many kids get their forms in it will either be two time, or four.
 
My normal week has about 10 hours of martial arts. This will increase by 2 or 4 hours at the school club.

My instructor would like it if I became a certified instructor, but that program is really geared towards people who want to open commercial academies. Much of the required course is geared towards management and to programs I have no interest in teaching. It also costs $1600, which is simply not happening.

My martial arts training is a hobby.

I'm retiring, and don't want a new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment