Tuesday 9 August 2011

Vernon Run

So I'm in Vernon, it's 6am, and I head out for a run.

I felt all virtuous, especially as we are staying on the top of a god awful hill. I'd call it at least 45 degrees, I swear. So off I go in hill trudge mode.

Then along comes this chick, all done up in Lululemon from head to toe, going faster than I could run on flat ground, even if I were sprinting. The kicker is she was going UPHILL. Witch.

On I go, down the hill at old man trudge speed. Go too fast and the knees blow out going down. At the bottom I crank to 10kph. Went through town to the last Starbucks around. Running is better with a vanilla latte in the middle, don't you think?

Enjoyed coffee, and I ran back, through the downtown this time. Nasty part is that no matter which way one runs, that hill is waiting at the end. Going down it was 45 degrees, but up is at least 89.

More coffee was waiting for me when I got in the door.

Need fluids to replace all that sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment