Sunday 29 December 2013

Week to Year

Every once in a while I wonder about where I'll be in a week, or a month, three months, six months, or a year.

I week from today it will be the first Sunday evening of 2014. We will have checked into our Los Angeles hotel. I will be starting my Jiu-Jitsu odyssey the next morning.

In a month, it will be nearing the end of January. I'm hoping my body will still be holding up. We'll have spent the month doing the tourist/vacation thing, and I'll be in the middle of a my 39th class with the Gracies.

In three months that will all be over and we'll have been home for a goodly while. It will be a lovely home period. We both like those. We have a friend-filled cruise to Alaska planned, but that will still be months off.

Six months puts us into the very end of June. The cruise will be long over. Summer for us will be a time of short trips to visit friends in Vernon and family in Victoria, and other short-distance adventures.

Between then and a one year look into the future we have nothing planned in any way, except for Christmas. Helen has decided she wants more than the one week we did in Victoria this year. I have nothing against this. Let's call it two weeks. She likes to put Christmas more towards the early part of the two weeks, but nothing is in stone. If we go by these ideas, we'll still be in Victoria.

Well, that is what our upcoming year looks like so far.

Looks good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment