Friday 20 December 2013

Results are in

The waiting is over. My Jiu-Jitsu exam results are in.

I earned my Blue Belt a year and a half ago. That was my start down this track, but I didn't start very fast. Helen and I spent two months that summer travelling. As a result, I didn't start training at the new level until September.

I took things as they came until around Christmas. About then I noticed how long things were going to take. Progressing at the approved rate means a minimum of 21 months between level; longer for me due to our summer travels. Let's call it 25 months. That's too much.

I started taking private lessons and bumping up my solo study. Managed to get it all done within a year. Madeline was ready at the same time as me, and we spent a month getting everything polished up in preparation for testing.

We pushed through and recorded the exam sections. Mine was uploaded last weekend.

Today Helen and I were sitting at Denny's, enjoying a breakfast and using their wifi when I received my results. You need a minimum of 80 to pass, and I managed a 92. I'm darn proud of that.

Next on our schedule is a two month trip to Los Angeles. While there I'll be training with the Gracies 11 times per week.  I will be going with my new rank.

Can't really predict how long my new level will take, as changes in the requirements are in the works.

Doesn't matter. The journey is the destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment