Monday 9 December 2013

Results

I am not the world's best at waiting for things. If I know exactly when they will happen, I'm something of a champ, but not if the timing is uncertain.

Right now, it's time to wait for my Jiu-Jitsu exam results. My part is done, which was the performing of the test itself.

The remaining steps are; evaluation and preparation by my instructor; transmission of the material to HQ; grading of performance; notification of results; and arrival of the belt stripe and certificate.

Barring unforseens, whole shebang could take as little as a week, and as long as three to get the results. The final step of receiving the stripe and paperwork isn't really part of things. It is the knowledge of the results that counts.

There is one thing I really like on our new washing machine. It has little lights that go on and off as the cycle progresses. It would be super if the test procedure had little lights. There are no lights.

Madeline completed her exam over a month ago, and the recordings haven't even reached the first step. They've been waiting for our instructor to return from Mexico, and are at exactly the same phase as mine. She doesn't seem to mind. I think she's insane.

There isn't really any rush for me. There are more than three weeks left before Helen and I head to Los Angeles. I'd like the results before then, but even if they take a bit longer it doesn't truly matter. It will be four weeks before I'm on the mat at the Gracie Headquarters academy. That should be more than enough time for everything to sort itself out.

But washing machine lights would be nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment