Monday 9 December 2013

Access

I really, really, really want to pass my Jiu-Jitsu exam. I'll get to move on to new material, and even to wear a snazzy, little stripe my Blue Belt.

Passing will also mean giving something up.

Let me explain. Students at Certified Training Centers get access, appropriate to their rank, to online training videos. These are immensely useful. For every technique there is a lesson of from 30 minutes to an hour, as well as several, short, quick view demonstrations.

While working through the 60 techniques of my current level some of these videos have become trusted friends.

If I pass, a similar body of online material will be unlocked for me, and I'll lose access to what I currently have. This makes sense, but for a review junkie like me it is a two-edged sword.

The Gracies do sell access to the material as well. I could pay $378 and be able to view it forever. This is bit rich for my blood.

I'll survive. When I became a Blue Belt, I lost access to the White Belt stuff in exactly the same fashion, and I survived. I will survive this as well.

In fact, I hope I have to.



No comments:

Post a Comment