Monday 8 April 2013

Triple Play

This week could turn out to be huge, in terms of my scooting along through Jiu-Jitsu curriculum.

At my level there are 60 technique units to learn. In a normal week of classes, we progress through one technique.

Some weeks, I take a private lesson and make it through two techniques.

This week, my schedule makes two private lessons possible. This might make my weekly total be three techniques. This is approaching the speed of light.

This alignment of the stars might never occur again, but it's very, very motivating.

Just covering the material doesn't mean I'll have learned it. It means that I'll understand it well enough to drill in it later. It means lots and lots of practice, either alone or with a partner.

But that doesn't matter.

Three technique units in one week is huge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment