Monday 1 April 2013

Eleven

When I first started Jiu-Jitsu, it was with the intention of training once per week. Very soon that plan was dropped and I attended all the classes I could. That was twice a week.

I added semi-weekly private lessons. After three months I was permitted to attend reflex development. That made it three or four sessions each week.

About then I started dreaming of training at the Gracie headquarters in LA. They have 11 classes per week available for each level. Wow! That is quite a large number of classes; very daunting. I wondered if anybody does all 11 classes.

After 9 months I earned my Blue Belt. I was no longer taking private lessons. Being Blue meant I was training 6 times a week.

The club added two open-mat training times a week. I was there 8 times weekly.

I started privates again. 9 times a week.

The Jiu-Jitsu club started twice a week at the high school. 11 times a week.

Next January we plan on being in LA for a couple of months, with me training at HQ 11 times a week. I expect the classes there to be more intense, but I won't be attending any more sessions than I am right now.

It no longer looks like such a large and daunting number of weekly classes.

It looks very do-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment