Monday 1 April 2013

Really?


It is my third day of retirement.

So far, it feels a lot like a normal weekend. Perhaps a somewhat better than ordinary weekend. It feels like Easter, which isn't strange as it actually is Easter.

We are visiting with great friends and poking all around Vancouver. We head home Monday. Today we're off to the auto show, and later to see the Oz movie in 3d.

I love eating out, and we've taken every meal in that fashion.
Tomorrow, we head home after breakfast and I can re-establish my routines. I'll see if Shawn can give me a private Jiu-Jitsu lesson. Time to get really back on track.

I need to clean up a few things at the school, too. They haven't hired my real replacement so I have nobody to hand my marks over to. Not exactly fair for the kids, so I'll kill an hour or two and enter them into the computer.

Lots of other chores around home, too. Our yard is set up to need very little care, but it needs its wee bit of Spring work. My bike needs to head into the shop. Both wheels need to be packed with grease.

There might also be a visit from old friends from up north.

It might be a while yet before I have a day where I wake up with nothing I need to do. 

I think then I'll say, "today I am retired."

No comments:

Post a Comment