Wednesday 24 April 2013

Leisure


I've been retired for a while now. It hasn't been exactly what I expected.

Today will be the 17th day that would have been a workday if I hadn't retired.

I thought there would be days for my hobbies, and even days to just do nothing.

My first two days were spend cleaning up our renovation-blighted house for company, and for the next two the visitors were here.

The next five days were spent moving everything in the basement off to one side, ripping up a god-awful lino floor, prepping the concrete, and laying new plank flooring. Helen then announced that “we” should paint that room before anything gets moved back in.

This week has seen me prepping and painting those walls. Today I start on the baseboard trim.

Strangely, my only days off since I retired have been weekends.

Something seems to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment