Tuesday 10 June 2014

Old knees

It's doctor day for my knee. Helen came along. She always thinks of things I should ask, but that don't occur to me. Had my MRI about a week ago, and time for the results.

The verdict is pretty good. No ligament or tendon or cartilage damage per se. She called it wear and tear; the first signs of osteoarthritis.

No surgery, so no stupid wait lists. She also said that I won't wreck things by crawling around at Jiu-Jitsu. My knee will be uncomfortable, but I knew that. Ice will continue to be my friend.

I am booked for physio next week to help things along, and to strengthen muscles that will help my knees cope. Going to start taking glucosamine as well. Many swear by it, and it couldn't hurt.

In the short term I'll be back training, including a Rener Gracie seminar this Saturday. In the longer term I can expect my knee to improve; dare I hope for back to normal. In the long, longer term I guess my knees will be giving me increasing grief over the years.

Stupid oldness




No comments:

Post a Comment