Tuesday 3 June 2014

Cruse4567

Skagway again. Went into town with the gang.

Rode the stretch golf cart shuttle off the pier, and the $2 bus to town. Ventured alone when the rest headed for the quilt store.

Hit the bank for $200, as Helen and I are out of American cash, and bought a Dr. Pepper and a cap. Wandered a bit more, then got the bus back to the pier.

My knee was still so happy, I strolled along to our ship. Currently I'm viewing all the docked ships with the town and mountains in the background.

Skagway is swell.

Maybe it's a good day to do a knee overview.

We are on two one-week cruises, with an unloading/travel day at the end. We are 11 days into the total of 15.

On 9 of the 11 days I tried very hard to baby the knee.

That's recently been bumped up. Yesterday and today my knee took me into town. In Juneau my knee visited a mine. On both days my knee went dancing.

The verdict is that it isn't doing bad. There is still a lot of ice usage to keep swelling down, which works great. I believe that it is getting better ever so slowly. Knees are like that. This encourages my ice use even more, as swelling retards healing.

We still have visits to Hoonah and Ketchikan coming up. I might just visit both. I didn't go see either last week.

I'd also like to dance every remaining evening. Dancing is great, and is usually a highlight to all our cruising.

........

Tiny Hoonah today, and I've decided to stay aboard.

The ocean on this trip has been painted with swathes of yellow tree pollen. Neither we nor the locals have ever seen the like. Hoonah shows ot more than most. There are floating tide lines of it, as well as the bay in general, and the shoreline in particular. The beach has a bit of a yellow tinting.

........

Heading south a couple of hours out of Ketchikan. Bernie and I are doing our usual early morning coffee-and-sit-about.

We saw a whale breech a bunch of times in rapid succession, and another farther away do it a few times more. They jumped 14 times between them.

Sometimes the early hour is pretty cool.

....and now it's almost noon, and I'm just back from town. Made it to Creek Street, which was my upper-limit goal. Helen kept going towards the totem park when I turned back.

My knee is on ice, but is only slightly swollen. A great day so far. I went wild and bought a tshirt, a bottle of Coke, and a mood ring. Haven't had a mood ring since I was a kid.

It thinks I'm calm and romantic.



 ........


 All that was left was a lovely day at see, and then being unloaded in Vancouver. I hope the people sleeping in MY cabin tonight appreciate it as much as I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment