Saturday 19 April 2014

Weird Guy

At training, there is this one weird guy.

He gets to class early, and does all these weird warm-up exercises. During class he is never still.

Even when demonstrations are being done, he keeps bending and twisting. He is clearly paying attention, but never stops his perpetual motion.

That guy is me.

My back has been a problem lately, as has one knee. Together they have severely limited my ability to move.

The good news is that my warm up gets everything loosened up nicely. The constant bending and flexing keeps things bendy. If I stop at all, I seize up right up.

This week and next I'm off training. We are visiting with good friends.

After a week of relaxation things are feeling fine. This morning, I actually managed a short run. My knee didn't mind at all, and the run made my already-mending back feel great. I've pencilled in another run for tomorrow.

It looks as if I'll be back to 100% by the time I'm back on the mat.

The old carcass isn't done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment