Wednesday 30 April 2014

Fix

It was back to Jiu-Jitsu last night after a couple of weeks off on holiday.

I was planning on using the break in continuity to change something.
 
Usually, during the Blue Belt class I work with whoever indicates they want me as their partner. For whatever reason I am never without a partner. Although I'm one of the bigger people in the class it seems the smaller people want to train with me. I don't exactly know why. Maybe I'm gentle, or maybe I focus on what my partner needs. Maybe more so than the other big people. I really have no idea why.

The only down side for me is that I almost always work with the smaller folks. I only very rarely get to work with the big guys. I need to work with them more than I do.
 
So I was planning to start preemptive partner picking; to sometimes grab a big guy before a small person can get me. Not always. I like working with everybody, but need both sides of the size spectrum.
 
Didn't get to carry out my plan last night. At the very first partnering opportunity, Rob immediately grabbed my shoulder. He's not a little guy, and is bloody strong. At the second partnering, Ryan quickly fired a full-arm point at me. He's the biggest strongest guy we've got. It was for a strength-and-size-dependant move. Perfect.

This was already more big-guy work in one night than I'd been gotten in a long time. After that, I ended up getting grabbed by Elizabeth, and then snatched by Tahwa. They were the two smallest present in the group.
A perfect mix.
 
I didn't have to do anything different.



No comments:

Post a Comment