Monday 5 August 2013

Last Run

We are about to head from the Okanagan to the ferry. I am therefore declaring my runs for this part of the summer to be done.

We've been here for a week and a half, including two weekends. My normal running for two weekends would be 30k. I've managed to do 95k. Rather proud of that.

No biking; no Karate; no Jiu-Jitsu. My only other physical activity has been eating. I'm sure I've burned a lot of calories doing that. It's been a yummy holiday.

I don't even care if my weight has crept up, for I have discovered the secret to weight loss.

I'll keep track of calories and eat enough for somebody my size to perfectly maintain weight. No hardship there. 2200 calories a day.

At the same time my activity level stays high. On my busier days I'll easily burn every single one of the calories I've consumed. Some days it won't be quite so much.

It takes 3500 not-eaten or burned calories to lose a pound, so let's call it a half pound lost per day. Half a pound per day, or 3.5 per week, or 15 per month, or 180 per year.

Wait. Scratch that last one. I weigh less than 180 now.


No comments:

Post a Comment