Saturday 24 August 2013

Teeth and Knees

The last of our summer out of town vacations is over.

I like travel, but it is hard on my Jiu-Jitsu training schedule. In July, we went for 10 days to the island, and then 12 days in the interior. August put us back on the island for another week, and then a week-long cruise to Alaska.

Not to worry. I had figured out a plan on how to cover the missed material with self-training and private lessons. As of today I only have 6 units left to cover. Three were to be done on the solo route, while the rest would get covered in the regular class.

What could go wrong?

Well, for one thing, I returned from the cruise with an abscess that will require a root canal. Not only that, but it's bad enough that I'll have to go into the city to get it done.

I guess I can train with a funny mouth even if I might lose some more training time getting it fixed.

Last night I contacted our instructor to set up some private lessons. He had some interesting news. He's on crutches, and the school is down for at least a week.

The injury is in his knee. Those can be tricky things, especially with something like Jiu-Jitsu.

I had self imposed a deadline set about a month from now for the completion of my last six units.

That seems very unlikely right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment