Thursday 6 June 2013

All Bended


For the vast majority of my life I had perfect vision. Near or far made no difference at all.

Then I got old. Far is still OK, but near seriously sucks. Reading is impossible at anything like a normal font.

No problem. I just wear glasses now. They make wonderful ones called progressive. By a subtle movement near, far, and everything in between comes into focus.

But I'm just not a glasses wearer by nature, and both Jiu-Jitsu and Karate are not lens-friendly activities. I am forever removing my glasses and putting them down.

99.9% of the time this is no problem. Sometimes it is.

I found them yesterday on the floor near my gym bag. My bag was on the table, and my specs had been on top.

Luckily the lenses are not damaged, but the frames look like play glasses a kid might make by twisting wire.

This means a trip to the eye shop for an unbending.

Can't go through life as blind as this. Funny how my old glasses, which were fine a month ago, just can't take up the slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment