Thursday 28 January 2016

Stupid Virus

I seem to have a cold.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's no big deal, and I don't mind at all when I come down with a case of the sniffles.

Except right now.

I have a big-ass Jiu-Jitsu exam coming up very soon. I have been training like a lunatic, trying to get myself as ready as possible.

If it were a solo sport, I'd just keep on training. If it were a sport where training partners are at a distance, like golf, I'd keep training. However, it is neither a solo, nor a long-range activity. Partners are held close, well within germ range.

Therefore, I didn't attend tonight's classes. It helps that the material that the advanced were working on was all weapon defence. My test will not have any weapons, so if I have to miss anything, this is the stuff to skip.

I'm hoping that it I don't have a real virus. Training tomorrow and the day after are still on my schedule. It is all self-directed mat time. I'll be there, and will warn any potential partners, and let them decide to avoid me or not. I need to be on the mat, working.

Not a real worry. The few mat sessions that my virus might cost me won't make a difference, even if I can't train at all for a whole week. My test is going to evaluate all 230 weeks of my training to date.

I still don't want a cold right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment