Thursday 21 January 2016

In The City

I've never really understood people who don't like visiting big cities. I can see not wanting to live in one all the time, but to not like being in one at all?

We'll be in LA soon, for two glorious weeks.

In all, we will have 17 day where we are there in any shape or form. Two don't really count for much, city-wise, as one is our day of arrival, and another is when we leave.

So that leaves 15 days to use for fun.

Best that I can figure, I will be committed all day to Jiu-Jitsu training for 7. There is always a pretty hefty break in the afternoon of several hours. That's enough for walking at the beach, or something like a mall, but not for any major holidaying.

That leaves 8 for something significant. It might shrink a bit, as I do have a big Jiu-Jitsu test that isn't scheduled yet, or something else might pop up, but it looks like 8.

Hollywood is fun, as is going to Universal Studios, or the Queen Mary, or the La Brea Tar Pits, or going out-of-town. No shortage of choices.

And, of course, Disneyland.

To me, 8 days just doesn't seem to be enough.

We also really like going out to eat. That doesn't take anything like a full day to do.

On most days my breakfast will be coffee, a bit of yogurt, and maybe fruit. I can't train when the belly is loaded up, so my first significant eating will be after the mid-day class, which ends between 12:30 and 1:30pm.

I'm usually famished by then, so we hit someplace for lunch. For about half the time that has to be my one big meal of the entire day. Luckily, American restaurant portion sizes work just great for a wee Canadian lad who can only pack it in once a day.

On the days when I don't have evening training, things can be more normal. Breakfast will be the same, maybe a sushi lunch, and a sit-down supper.

I don't have to worry about over eating. My average of 137 minutes of training a day means that I burn 3337 calories a day, not counting any Disney walking.

That means that if all I ate were Big Macs (without cheese, as I hate the stuff), I could eat 7 per day, and still be short 117 calories. (two big macs for breakfast, two for lunch, two more at supper, and one as a snack) That's a lot of Big Macs.

Put another way, I could have 60 pieces of Nigiri sushi, or 152 cups of coffee with sugar.

Or perhaps a mix; 3 Big Macs, 30 pieces of sushi, and a mere 13 cups of sweet coffee.

If forced to make a prediction, I'd say I'm going to lose a bit of weight, and have a lot of fun, and do a lot of training.




No comments:

Post a Comment