Monday 3 August 2015

Mo Time

My cunning plan to get extra training by helping people who are working toward completion of BBS1 exams will soon run into a snag.

I've been putting in a little time with Cosme, and a lot of time with Koko. He has just finished, and she has only a few weeks left to go.

That means I will run out of training partners.

I have been bugging Elizabeth a bit; trying to get her interested, but she hasn't taken the hook. I've also started sounding out Rob. Either of them would be great to work with...or both.

It's always a long shot, as these exams are optional for non-instructors. They are so demanding that it is actually pretty nuts to put oneself through the process.

It does, however, greatly solidify Jiu-Jitsu understanding and general skill.

Cosme and Scott both say they want to get started soon on the next one up, BBS2. They both have instructor aspirations.

Likely I'll be working with them, and will therefore do that exam as well. It would be silly to do all that work getting them ready to grade and then not do so myself.

All this, just to get in more mat work.

Of course, as time on the mat translates directly into ability, if it's quality time. Test prep is about the best quality time that there is.

Need more of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment