Saturday 8 August 2015

Dick

I try and be a nice guy, and I think I usually do pretty well. Sometimes, I don't succeed.

I'm by far the oldest student at our Jiu-Jitsu school, and realize that some people might not want to roll with me. Most of the time I let other people do the picking of partners. That way anybody can easily avoid me. It is pretty rare that somebody doesn't grab me to work with.

I seem to attract partners smaller than myself, and take that as a compliment. If they don't pick me, one of the more skillful and larger guys does. Being with either a smaller partner, regardless of skill, or one who is my size and similar in ability I take seriously.

On occasion, my partner is my size or bigger and is not yet up to my skill level. That's when I sometimes behave in a way that I'm not proud of.

If they are on the attack, I counter every one, and turn it into a reversal. If they defend, I move quickly from attack to attack. Sometimes I launch no actual submission attempts, but it's pretty clear that I could.

Sometimes I catch myself, and knock it off. I would hate it if some Purple or Brown Belt did it to me.

It is never in my mind to frustrate or humiliate my partner.

It's more like I'm having fun dancing, and my partner just happens to be the dance floor.

With partners of similar skill, there is no way I could get away with it, and breakdancing on a smaller person would be dangerous.

This is probably why I am rarely grabbed as a partner by lower-level folks who are my size or bigger.

I'm a dick.

It is my resolution is to eliminate this behaviour.

Pity that it's so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment