Tuesday 2 July 2013

Run and Roll

We're pretty set for our summer travels. Schedule penciled in and friends already living downstairs ready to babysit our place.

Some years we head off with me all ready to train at various places we visit. Not this year. Doubt I'll get to Karate, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu or anything else except when we are home.

I will be running and biking a lot.

The major bits are visits to Victoria, Vernon, camping, and an Alaskan cruise.

In Victoria we go visit my mom every day. That's a lovely 15km round trip on the bikes. I usually run daily through the University of Victoria grounds, or along Dallas Road. Helen also likes to do extra rides for fun, so we do.

In Vernon we stay with our best friends. They, and Helen, don't get up as early as me. Vernon in Summer counts as a desert and is warm all the time. I normally hit the road as soon as I'm vertical and get back all sweaty in time to join the gang for the day's first cup of coffee.

When camping, I think I'll be going for two runs a day, or one big one. Everybody I'll be with adores camping, but for me the hours flow kinda slowly. Running twice, for about an hour each time, will break things up nicely.

On our Alaskan cruise we take our cute little folding bikes and tour about in all the ports on our own. We will be visiting Skagway, and I love going for a long run there. On the non-port days I run the deck, and also on the treadmills. This doesn't add up to a great deal of distance. The deck is usually clogged with oblivious walkers, and the treadmills are very boring, but it helps.

We'll also be at home a lot, and my regular routes will all be beckoning.



No comments:

Post a Comment