Friday 19 July 2013

Future Pattern

My future, as planned, looks very good to me.

My wife and I love to travel a bit, and also love being at home. My passionate activity is martial arts.

How will that all fit together?

Loving travel and also home-time works well. We will just alternate the two. Go someplace neat, then go home for a while; repeat as required.

Martial arts works well when we're at home, but not so well when on the road.

Sometimes it can. Take this coming September. There is a big Gracie seminar weekend in Seattle. That's not very far in the big scale of things. Helen and I will go down for a couple of days, and I'll train. I think she'll shop.

However, as good as seminars are steady training is much better.

This coming winter we're headed to LA for a couple of months for me train at Gracie HQ. This certainly counts as steady training. Likely we will never repeat this type of trip. When we travel we like to spend more time enjoying things together.

The way it will work after this one-time-only training trip will be more leisurely.

Some time at home with training, then some time traveling without training. With all the breaks in training, rank progress will end up on the back burner. I'll be training for the love of the art, and the process of learning. I like learning. Rolling around with people is also fun. I also like helping others to learn.

My lesser physical activities are often better during travel. Biking in Juneau is sweet, and early morning runs in Vegas are great. They also give me a way to keep fit when out of town.

Don't know about you, but to me it sounds like a pretty perfect system.


No comments:

Post a Comment