Wednesday 8 May 2013

Robbery

I've been robbed. It's over a month since I've retired. I was supposed to be running and biking every day, but it hasn't happened.

I've put in a floor, and painted a bunch of walls. Baseboard trim was removed, painted, and replaced.

Tomorrow I attempt replacing a doorknob. It doesn't sound like much but these things never go how either the instructions or youtube says they will. You'd think a doorknob would take 20 minutes, but I bet it will be several hours of fudging and swearing. Assuming it actually goes smoothly there are other walls waiting for paint.

I don't like any part of projects like this. I want them all done and gone.

I want to get biking and running.

Maybe I should make myself a deal. Finish the knob job before 10am, and I get to bike to town for coffee or something. I'll save painting for Friday.

The problem is the list is very long. There is the knob, and two bathroom walls to paint different colours, and a living room wall. Everything we moved out of that bathroom has to be replaced. Mustn't forget the baseboard trim. The yard needs cleaning up after the roofers. The basement has to be re-ordered, and another heap of new flooring. It seems never-ending.

Robbery, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment