Wednesday 8 August 2012

Home

In the Summer it's impossible for me to get in any steady training in martial arts. Conversely, it is a good time for me to pick up little snippets.

I made it to two Judo classes in Victoria, and to a Karate seminar in Kelowna.

Last night was first night since we started our travels that I was able to make  it to my local Jiu-Jitsu club.

Summer training there is a little different. The instructor leaves the regular curriculum behind and opens things up a bit.

For the warmup we just grabbed partners and did whatever we wanted. I ended up rolling full tilt with a very competitive guy. Talk about being warmed up. It ended up being twenty minutes long.

The work was reflex developement, which consist of five or six techniques linked together.

There were only four of us there forthe advanced class afterwards. About half of that time was rolling. Madeline and Koko make a good pair, and I was with the instuctor.

Pretty tired for the drive home, and picked up a soda to get my fluids back up.

I'll get to attend again Thursday, and then nothing again for a few weeks.

In September Jiu-Jitsu will be at its new location and on its new schedule. It will be back to following the curriculum.

Back at it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment