Wednesday 30 November 2016

Phone voyage

Well, the iPhone expedition all went well.

We got the car to the dealer for servicing a bit ahead of schedule. The wait was reasonable, and they had a supply of pastry and fancy coffees to keep us entertained.

The next stop was a brief stint for Helen in a massive fabric store. Then it was iPhone time.

Got right downtown. That wasn't the original plan, but the supply of model I wanted ran dry in all of the six Vancouver-area Apple Stores except for the place smack dab in the centre of the city. I therefore made the purchase online with pickup at the Pacific Centre location.

They whisked it out of the back for me post haste, and it sat in my big pocket for the rest of the day.

We also hit the downtown Costco, followed by a Walmart a bit closer to home. We were in the ferry lineup with a healthy time buffer for the 3:30pm boat.

A walk into Horseshoe Bay was therefore called for, with a lunch at Trolls restaurant.

Rode the boat, and another drive, and we were home.

A couple of days have passed, and the phone is everything that I was expecting. It has taken over most of my technological attention.

Yesterday evening, I headed off to Jiu-Jitsu as usual. Normally, I'd a have an iPod for music and audio books in the car, and my iPad Mini for possible use at the school. This time, all I had with me was my phone. It did the music/book chores better than the iPod could, and is large enough to act out the iPad's role as well. Instructional videos are fabulous in it, as are web surfing and all that sort of thing.

It's a keeper.




No comments:

Post a Comment