Wednesday 28 August 2019

School Shutdown





The skies are sunny, and the breezes are warm.

How can it be that it is the middle of the worst Jiu-Jitsu week of the year? It is time for the local school’s yearly shutdown.

There are no classes for two weekends, and all the days in between. Such a stretch of time normally contains three advanced classes, and I’ll be missing them all.

I also train in Vancouver on Saturdays, so I’ll still be getting those two sessions.

There is also a little study group that meets on Sundays, so that’s two more.

That means that both of the aforementioned weekends will have training every day, but that still leaves all the weekdays in between.

Except Rob and I got together to work on the second-level technical exam material on Monday, and then did it again on Tuesday.

That still left 3 days with nothing scheduled, so I decided to bite the bullet, and go into Vancouver for 2 extra days there. The classes are fine, but I have to leave home before any normal person is vertical (5am) and don’t get home until 13 hours later (6pm). I like doing it once a week, but more is certainly a strain.

That’s why I was so happy that our instructor asked if I would work with him on his 4th-level technical exam material today. I got a top notch session without any of the travel.

That leaves just two days that have neither been filled nor scheduled. On Friday, I suspect it will be a Vancouver day.

Thursday? No idea, but even if it sits empty, it will be the only such day of the entire shutdown.

I suppose it isn’t such a bad Jiu-Jitsu week at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment