Friday 28 April 2017

Test Season

So Tawha did her fancy level-one curriculum exam a couple of months ago, and she says it revolutionized how she learns Jiu-Jitsu.

This is a really good thing. In fact, she was so pumped about it, she wanted to jump right in and get to work on level two.

Normally, people need something more like a year before they even consider it, but it is allowed with special permission.

So then, of course, she needed a training partner. I had filled that role for her in the level-one preparation and testing. I know that test really well, having been through the process a grand total of a half dozen times with people who needed partners.

So after we completed her level-one, Tawha wanted me for level-two. The trick is, I have not done the level-two test myself, nor helped anybody else get through it. My plan was to do the test sometime in the distant future, but if I'm helping Tawha it's a great opportunity to do my own exam now instead of later.

Tawha and I have been through the required material in class several times over the years., but his isn't the same as test preparation. However, we are both familiar with what we need to do.

An interesting twist is that Cosme also wants to get this same test done, too. He's been working towards it on his own for months now. He isn't available to work with us at the intensity that are going at it, but doesn't really need to.

Tawha will be ready to video the first of the killer technical videos in about a week. We'll have to find a few hours to work with Cosme to get in sync for his test. He can pick which of us he wants to be his filming partner.

Then it will be on to the other two sections.

Do we do the longer one next, or the much harder one? I think I'd rather do the long one. There's a lot on it, and the difficulty level is high, but not unreasonable. The other one is almost as long, and exponentially more difficult.

I would save the hardest one for last. Having the other two done before would put pressure on us to not just give up. It's really that horribly difficult. Every little bit of motivation will help. If Tawha is of the opposite opinion, I would be OK with that, too.

So assuming it all goes well, Tawha, Cosme, and I will all have our level-two tests under our belts by summer.

And any day now, HQ will be releasing the level-three exam.

I will not be ready to jump right in to that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment