Saturday 8 April 2017

Full House

Yesterday, Open-Mat time wasn't very well attended. I got there early, and started working on my knowledge using videos, lists of techniques, and rolling on the ground like I was having a string of seizures.

Cosme was there, but he had a private student to teach, and so I was solo for most of the time.

Eventually, his student left, and we went over a very tiny bit of stuff together. Not the best Open-Mat ever, but certainly not the worst. Jiu-Jitsu is really hard to work on solo.

This morning there is another free-learning time, but yesterday's attendance made me pretty leery of how things were going to go. As I sat about sipping my dawn coffee, my expectations were low. Then a text popped up from Cosme.

He was going to be there again, which made it all very much more promising, even though he said he had another White Belt to work with a bit.

He was there as promised, and soon along came the White Belt, Mike. The parade continued as Neil and Tobias came along, too.

That meant there were five, real live bodies on the mat. There was some technique work done, and a whole pile of rolling around.

It was the best Open-Mat in a very, very long time.




No comments:

Post a Comment