Saturday 2 July 2016

Seven Inna Row

Started the week quite dissatisfied with my free rolling; all heavy and slow and choked up.

Thursday; two rolls, and both were brilliant. Didn't even mind that my calf got crushed pretty bad during a drill, although I walk funny now.

Friday; class was officially cancelled, but I opened things up anyhow. It was an open-mat time. It's pretty common during those almost nobody to show up. Sometimes, I'm all alone. This time, there were five of us present. I rolled a bunch more with Koko, and with Rob. Again, they were gold.

Happy as pie, and hopeful for a good open-mat time for Saturday as well.

Saturday; five of us again on the mat, mostly different people. Rolled for a few minutes with Natan, and tons with Koko and with Tobias. All were different, and all flowed. Me and my funny leg loved it all. Bought a litre of ice cream on the drive home by way of celebration.

There isn't any training tomorrow, which is Sunday. Usually, I'm just fine with that, but have an irrational fear of breaking my lovely streak. Not enough that I'm going to contact anybody trying to dredge up a training partner.

So what started out as a week of me rolling in a most crappy fashion, ended with 7 wonderfully flowing consecutive partnerships.

Outstanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment