Tuesday 15 March 2016

19 days in

So I've been a Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt for all of 19 days.

In that time, I've attended a single class at the Phoenix Certified Training Center, and nothing else. Back home I would have attended 4 beginner classes, 2 Reflex Development sessions, 6 Master Cycles classes, and 5 open mat times. That type of pace will have to wait until after our month in Arizona is over.

I like winter in the desert. We have pool time every day, and it's warm. Back home it's the season of dark skies and rain.

In any case, out little Canadian Jiu-Jitsu group has changed a lot in the last year. Back then we only had a single Purple Belt; our instructor. Now we have 4.

I, personally, have no evaluations upcoming anytime soon. With nothing in particular to prepare for, I can focus more on my own journey through Jiu-Jitsu.

Our class is working through the material included in two levels of curriculum. I will be part of all that, but we also have access to the third level. Next year some time that will be incorporated as well, but I will be working on it in the meantime.

I quite enjoy working on the first two levels, but doing so definitely has a review feel to it. All of level three is new to me, and I enjoy the air of discovery.

So that's what I've figured out so far, 19 days in.



No comments:

Post a Comment