Wednesday 30 December 2015

Just Do It

I look out over the sea of people who are full of good intentions.

They want to get more fit, or lose weight, or do something disciplined; even to just do something cool.

Don't put it off.

I picked up Jiu-Jitsu back in 2011 when I was a mere puppy of 55. I was a good candidate, being a regular runner, and biker, and generally active. Even so, I'd almost left it too late.

I'll make you a deal. If you come try Jiu-Jitsu (which is free for the first couple of weeks), and you are concerned about getting hurt, or overdoing it, or anything like that you can have me as your partner.

I'm a pretty good tutor, but even better at being a safe partner. I'm also remarkably durable, so you won't have to fret about hurting me, either.

If you don't want me for whatever reason, I can still fix you up with somebody great to work with. It won't hurt my feelings.

Tobias is great. Nervous about working with a man? How about Elizabeth?

Make it a challenge for the New Year. Come for AT LEAST every one of the free classes.

Even if you're not sure about everything, come to all.

If it seems OK after that. Sign up for some period of time that you can get yourself to commit to, then come to every one of those.

Try and make every class until you really, really know if you want to quit, or to keep it up. Then, make a solid decision of either;

A) I will stop now, or
B) I will continue until I reach this new goal that I am setting....

Don't put it off....







No comments:

Post a Comment