Monday 14 December 2015

Christmastime

This is our last training week before Christmas, as our school shuts down for 18 Jiu-Jitsu free days.

It's too long for my taste, but I think most really like the time off. Christmas is certainly a time for other sorts of things.

I do intend nibbling away at the beginning of the break. Our last class is two days from now, on Thursday.

Friday is the first day of closure, but I will be going in at the usual open-mat time. Maybe somebody will choose to join me, but maybe not. In any case, I will drill and review. This will shrink the closure for me by one day.

Saturday morning, I will again be on the mat with whoever wants to come. I've also found a partner who is wants to train Saturday evening, and again on Sunday.

My Jiu-Jitsu break will have shrunk from 18 days down to 15.

At the other end of the holiday season our head guy, Scott, wants to have a thing he calls a, "Hundred Minute Roll," on New Years Day. I don't know what our family schedule will be that far off, but if I am free, I'll be there. That would further shrink my Jiu-Jitsu break down to 11 days.

If I am rolling by New Years, I'll certainly be back on the mat the day after. That will be a Saturday, and a good time to open things up for open-mat again.

Instead of zero sessions during the official 18-day shut down, I might just end up having trained 6 times.

There will still be at least those 11 days of no training. It might be longer if getting to the, "Hundred Minute Roll," interferes with anything else more Christmassy.


No comments:

Post a Comment