Monday 6 October 2014

Tech

I've got a lot of tech projects going these days at Jiu-Jitsu.

The first is that I've started wearing a heart monitor during training. I'm learning all sorts of interesting things about energy expenditure and such. I need more data, but it looks promising.

It seems that I burn about 300-350 calories per hour during general training, and 900-1000 per hour during sparring. It also seems that I'm relatively relaxed during sparring.

So far I've only worn the thing for part of two training nights. This week I'll have that baby strapped on for every bit of training.

My other tech project is movie making. I can't do it during regular class, but will have it ready to go during the two open-mat sessions. Normal practice will take precedence if anybody wants to work on anything else. If not, it's movie time.

It involves a remote-control GoPro camera that will be strapped onto somebody during sparring. I am guessing that it will probably have to be choreographed combat, but maybe not. We'll see. If it doesn't start this week, perhaps it shall next.




No comments:

Post a Comment